January 22, 2010

The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien

Conan’s last Tonight Show

CONAN >> Between my time at Saturday Night Live, the Late Night show and my brief run here on The Tonight Show, I’ve worked with NBC for over 20 years. Yes, we have our differences right now. Yes, we’re going our separate ways. But this company has been my home for most of my adult life. I am enormously proud of the work we have done together, and I want to thank NBC for making it all possible. I really do. ...

A lot of people have been asking me about my state of mind. I’ll be honest with you: Walking away from The Tonight Show is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Making this choice has been enormously difficult. This is the best job in the world. ... Every comedian, every comedian dreams of hosting The Tonight Show, and for seven months, I got to do it. And I did it my way, with people I love. I do not regret one second of anything that we’ve done here. ...

Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment